Shop by Category
Student Grade Alginate
If you're looking for simple and basic, look no further than our Student Grade 470-SG alginate. It can be mixed to work well for both bucket type molds and layup type molds. Many people feel it works better than our competitors' best alginates at a fraction of the cost.
Available in 2 sizes: 3 pounds and 20 pounds.
This is our simplest and least expensive alginate.
Accu-Cast also offers professional-grade alginate formulas specifically tailored for the type of project you want to do.
- Small Project
- Big Project
- Bucket Mold
- Layup Mold
- We have a formula that will meet your needs.
Our current alginate formulas are:
|Formula||Set Time||Water Temp||Recommended Use|
|270-D||2 min||70°||SFX Dental Impressions|
|370-SD||3 min||70°||Prosthetic Socket Duplication|
|380-CC||3 min||80°||Baby and Child Hand Casting|
|390-S2||3 min||90°||Hand Casting|
|570-PGV||5 min||70°||Beginner and Large Hand Casting|
|590-IBG||5 min||90°||Face Casting|
|Genesis-V||6 min||70°||Face, Head, Torso Casting|
|880-B||8 min||80°||Head and Torso Casting|
|Genesis-X||10 min||70°||Torsos and Big Projects|
|470-SG||4 min||70°||Student Grade Alginate|
1) For the most part, the name of the alginate tells you the setting time and water temperature. 390 sets in 3 minutes when using 90°F water, etc. etc.
2) If you're a beginner always err on the side of having MORE working time than you think you need. Its always better to have a little extra time than not quite enough.
3) Warmer water and warmer air temperatures will speed up the setting time of alginates, whereas cooler will slow them down.
5) If you still have questions, please Contact Us