This Power Mixer attached to an electric drill is the most efficient way to mix medium amounts of alginate or LiquiStone. Anytime you are mixing a pound or more of alginate, you should consider a Power Mixer. For smaller quantities, a sturdy kitchen Whisk works fine.
- Attach Power Mixer to your drill.
- Make sure the drill is running in reverse (anti-clockwise)
- Measure out the alginate and put it in the bucket.
- Measure out the water and pour it onto the alginate powder.
- Mix slowly at first, increasing speed once the powder is mixed in.
Even alginate quantities of up to 2 pounds should be able to be mixed in about a minute with this technique using a Medium Power Mixer.
Available in two sizes:
- Medium (for 1/2 pound to about 2 pounds)
- Large (for 1 1/2 pounds up to about 4 pounds- for larger quantities, split the batch in two and mix with two Power Mixers)