FaceGel (590) Alginate
Specifically designed for doing face molds, FaceGel is also ideal for heads and other medium sized Layup Molds- where alginate is placed onto a vertical surface. FaceGel (590) has an extra thickener in it that makes it go on more like cake frosting rather than pancake batter. Less waste also equals more economy.
- Mixes thicker than normal alginates
- Sets in about 5 minutes when using 90°F water
- Doesn't drip like ordinary alginates- stays where you put it
- Sets gradually from the inside out- ideal for face castings
- Sets very flexibly and tough
- Loses water very slowly to evaporation
Available in 1, 2.5, 5, 10 25 and 50 pound bags. For larger orders, please contact us.
- A face mold takes only 3-4 ounces of FaceGel (4-5 per pound)
- A half torso takes about .75 to 1 pound
- A head casting takes about 1.5 pounds